WHETHER YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THAT CHARACTER WEDDING OR ENGAGEMENT VENUE, HOSTING A BIRTHDAY PARTY, CORPORATE TEAM BUILDING EVENT, PHOTO SHOOT, OR REUNION CHRC HAS YOUR SOLUTION
WE ARE A FULLY LICENSED FACILITY READY TO BOOK YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE!
GET IN TOUCH BELOW
Calling for musicians to play at the Stockyard Saloon at the Calgary Heritage Roasting Co. roastery for stampede 2022
Deadline to submit is March 31st, 2022Apply to Play
𝐀𝐝𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐑𝐞-𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐲 – 𝐂.𝐂. 𝐒𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐝𝐨𝐧 𝐎𝐢𝐥𝐬 𝐅𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐎𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐞 – 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟎 𝟏𝟏 𝐒𝐭 𝐒𝐄. Built between 1911 and 1914, the C.C. Snowdon Oils Factory and Office rests along 11 Street SE along the CPR lines leading into Alyth Yards and Manchester Industrial. Originally built as a complex of three single-storey buildings: an office and warehouse, an oil and grease warehouse, and a garage and second office.
Throughout the years, the three buildings became one joined structure. While largely utilitarian, the building was finished with a red brick façade and sandstone detailing. Campbell Camillus Snowdon established the company in 1908 after moving to Calgary a year earlier as the western manager of the Canadian Oil Company. Starting his own company after moving to Calgary, Snowdon represents an important pioneer enterprise in the city, founding one of the first oil manufacturing and refining businesses based in Western Canada.
Between 1983 and 1987, the building sat vacant until a warehouse fire in 1988 severely damaged much of the building. The office portion of the building was still habitable and rented out, the fire damage was not repaired for several decades.
In 2008, the Heritage Property Corporation restored and expanded the building, finally repairing the fire damage that had occurred 20 years earlier. While repairing the back section of the C.C. Snowdon Building, the builders added two storeys to the building’s rear while leaving some of the superficial fire damage visible for character. Today, the building is a mixed-use office and retail building, with a land survey company and the Calgary Heritage Roasting Company operating out of the building. Right behind the C.C. Snowdon Building is next week’s featured site.
All of the tables in the space have been built by our President Jamie Parker. They are are made out of the original Douglas Fir floors from the basement.
During construction we were pleasantly surprised to find gorgeous wide plank Douglas Fir floors from the 1911 construction. The planks made up the original foundation and so had to be removed and replaced with a cement foundation.
We were overjoyed to be able to repurpose the wood and honour the integrity of this historic space.
We fell in love with the rustic beauty of the C.C. Snowdon building the first time we stepped inside.
After years of vacancy the space needed some love poured into it to restore the Snowdon to it's original beauty.
Bringing the floors back to life was a much bigger endeavour than we could have anticipated. We hand scrapped the floors over long evenings with cold beers and friends who are too good to us! It took nearly 80 hours to remove the years of paint and expose the original hardwood floors.